What is Chitosan?
Chitosan is a linear polysaccharide composed of randomly distributed β-(1-4)-linked D-glucosamine (deacetylated unit) and
N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (acetylated unit). It is made by treating shrimp and other crustacean shells with the alkali sodium
Widely used in textile, dyeing and printing, leather, coating, cigarette, plastic, cosmetic, food, feed, medicine, bioengineering,
sewage treatment and other fields.
1 Antimicrobial and anti-infection;
2. Reduce fat and prevent arteriosclerosis;
6. Regulate blood sugar level.
1. Promoting blood coagulation and wound healing;
2. Used as drug sustained-release matrix;
3. Used in artificial tissues and organs;
4. Improving the immunity, guarding against hypertension, regulating blood sugar, anti-ageing, enhancing acid
1. Antibacterial agent;
2. Fruit and vegetable preservatives;
3. Additives for health-care food;
4. Clarifying agent for fruit juice.
1. In agriculture, chitosan is typically used as a natural seed treatment and plant growth enhancer, and as an ecologically friendly biopesticide substance that boosts the innate ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infections;
2. As feed additives, can inhibit and kill the harmful bacterium, improve animals immunity.
1. Chitosan has good adsorption characteristics of heavy metal ion, applied in treatment of organic wastewater,
dye wastewater, water purification and textile industry;
2. Chitosan can be also applied in paper-making industry, improving the dry and wet strength of paper and surface printability.
Water Soluble Grade : Water soluble grade Chitosan is transformed from chitosan through carboxylation, freely soluble in water and the character is stable. It has excellent moisture absorption, moisture retention, opsonization, bacteria inhibition, etc.
Applicable to various cosmetics, such as emollient cream, shower gel, cleaning cream, mousse, advanced ointment frost, emulsion and colloid cosmetics, etc. Also applicable to moisturizing and antistaling agent for food, fruits and vegetables, flocculant for sewage treatment, drug sustained release agent, nontoxic adhesive, auxiliaries for dyeing& printing and paper making, etc.
Carboxymethyl Chitosan: Carboxymethyl Chitosan is the higher ramification of chitosan, which have 100% water solubility, film forming ability, heavy metal chelation. It has been applied in advanced cosmetics, heavy metal chelating agent, drug sustained release agent, plant growth regulator agent , wastewater treatment, etc.