What is the Cochineal Carmine:
Cochineal Carmine is a natural coloring that provides a characteristic pink, red or purple hue while demonstrating excellent heat and light stability.
Cochineal insects are soft-bodied, flat, oval-shaped scale insects, native to tropical and subtropical South America and Mexico.
They live on cacti, feeding on the plant’s moisture and nutrients.Carminic acid is a substance found in high concentration in cochineal insects.
It is extracted from the insect’s body and eggs and is mixed with aluminum or calcium salts to make carmine dye (also known as cochineal).
Product name: Cochineal Carmine
CAS No.: 1390-65-4
Appearance: Red to Dark Powder
Certificate Of Analysis:
|Product Name:||Cochineal Carmine||Manufacture Date :||July.21.2018|
|CAS No.:||1390-65-4||Expire Date:||July.21.2020|
|Shelf Life:||2 Year||Origin:||China|
|Appearance:||Red Powder||Red Powder|
|HPLC||IR spectra is consistent with CRS||Conforms|
|Particle Size||100% pass 80mesh||Conforms|
|Loss on drying||≤5.0%||2.18%|
|Related Substance||Related subsatnces ≤1.5%
Any other impurity ≤2.0%
|Heavy metal||≤ 10ppm||Conform|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.2%||0.08%|
|Conclusion:||The product conforms to BP.|
Main Function Of Cochineal Carmine:
1.Cochineal Carmine Can be used for lipstick, foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner, nail polish and baby products.
2. Cochineal Carmine is used in the pharmaceutical industry as a coating for tablets and pellets and as a coloring agent for capsule shells.
3. Cochineal Carmine pestis can also be used for coloring foods such as sweets, drinks and meat products.
Cochineal and yellow, orange, red pigment, such as curcumin, bismuth orange, red peppers, β-carotene mix can be adjusted out a series of different shades of products.
Main Application Of Cochineal Carmine:
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as natural food additives for colorant;
2. Applied in cosmetic field and pharmaceuticals , it is mainly used as red colorant;
3. As senior dye, widely used in textile manufacturing industry, such as toys, senior textile, wool products etc.